MCS78 Programmable Hotplate Magnetic Stirrer
CAT MCS78 Magnetic Hotplate Stirrer
One look at CAT Scientific's sleek-looking, multi-tasking, 10-liter capacity MCS78 Magnetic Hotplate Stirrer with its rugged Ceran hotplate will convince you that this is truly a professional laboratory instrument.
The clearly labeled, position-adjustable control panel presents all the programming functions and options you need to accomplish virtually any hotplate stirring requirements that come along.
Just use the relevant buttons to establish your desired operating parameters and see them clearly shown on the easily viewed graphic display and brilliantly illuminated LEDs.
Moreover, with CAT Scientific's "Shake and Stir" software along with CAT's Pt100 temperature probes you can efficiently operate and monitor several units at the same time - and enjoy a tremendous boost to your lab's efficiency.
If the features and benefits offered by the CAT MCS78 sound good to you, read on!
The CAT MCS78 - Everything You Need in a Magnetic Hotplate Stirrer
We've put CAT Scientific's top engineering and design talent to work. They developed a magnetic hotplate stirrer that can handle the most demanding processing tasks found in today's R&D and pilot plant operations. The result?
- A multi-tasking hotplate stirrer with 600 watts heating power and a 4-step timer system allowing for the generation of user-defined temperature and stirring profiles.
- Set temperatures 20⁰C to 440⁰C in 1⁰C increments; speeds soft-start 60-1600 rpm.
- For each timer step the following parameters can be set: hotplate and sensor temperature, motor speed and temperature-slope.
- Algorithms to reach the programmed temperatures as fast as possible but with minimal overshoot.
Select the Specifications tab for the MCS78 technical specifications
|Electrical Power Requirements||110/230 Volts; 50/60 Hz (see type label on rear panel)|
|Display||Bright, backlit LCD display, showing all relevant system data|
|Hotplate||MCS78: Ceran Hotplate|
|Heating Power||MCS78: 600 watts|
|Motor Specification||• Shaded-pole motor Power:
• 25 Watt
• Adjustable speed
• Microprocessor controlled speed control
• Adjustable speed range: 60 … 1600min-1
• Setting accuracy: 10min-1
• Speed control stability:+/- 20min-1
• Soft motor start
• Adjustable safety stir function
• Recommended stirring bar: -Length: 60mm (min: 30 … max: 70mm),
-Diameter: 8mm (min: 5 … max: 12mm)
|Temperature Control||• Microprocessor controlled - fuzzy logic
• Adjustable hotplate temperature
• Programmable hotplate temperature
• Programmable Pt100 probe temperature
• Programmable safety temperature
• Programmable temperature ramp rate 1°C/hour to 440°C/hour
|Safety Functions||• Programmable hotplate safety temperature (without Pt100)
• Programmable probe safety function (with Pt100)
• Detects and protects against the following hazardous situations:
|Timer||• Adjustable switch off time
• Adjustable time range: 24:00:00 h:m:s
• Setting accuracy: 1 min
• Multitimer function
|Measuring Sensor For Medium||Platinum resistance temperature probe|
|Auxiliary Functions||• Two point calibration for external Pt100 probes
• User programmable maximum hotplate temp. (20-440°C) / MCS67
|Setting Accuracy||0.5 °C|
|Temperature Deviation With Pt100 Probe||± 0.3 °C|
|Permissible Ambient Temperature||5 - 40 °C|
|Permissible Humidity||80 % RH|
|Safety Class Acc. To DIN 40050||IP32 (according DIN 40050)|
|Hotplate Dimensions||180 x 115 x 250 mm (B x H x T)|
All accessories are included with the MCS78
- How to Choose the Right Magnetic Stirrer for Cannabis Concentrates
- Avoid Temperature Overshoot on Hotplate Magnetic Stirrers
- How to Achieve Magnetic Stirrer Temperature Control
- How to Use a Magnetic Stirrer Temperature Probe
- How Programmable Hotplate Magnetic Stirrers Work
- How Ramp Heating in Hotplate Magnetic Stirrers Improve Results
- How Programming Software Enhances Hotplate Magnet Stirrer Functionality
- How Microprocessors Improve CAT Hotplate Magnetic Stirrer Performance
- How to Process Samples in Round Bottom Flasks
- How to Safely Operate Hotplate Magnetic Stirrers